BBQ Wedding Check list
BBQ Catering Questions:
1. Are you available on my wedding date?
2. Can you supply examples of suggested menus along with prices?
3. Do you insist on doing all the catering at our event?
4. If we are able to supply the wine, what do you charge for corkage?
5. Are you familiar with my wedding site?
6. What do you charge? Are you willing to work within my budget? What suggestions do you have, given my needs and budget? Are taxes and gratuities extra? Does the cost cover setup and cleanup? Is there a minimum charge? If so, how much?
7. What are the deposit and cancellation policies?
8. What are your guarantees?
9. What time do you insist the reception finishes by?
10. Do you include a cake stand and knife if required? Will you cut the cake and supply plates and forks? Will you serve the punch and coffee?
11. When is the deadline for notification regarding menu selection?
12. How do you determine the head count?
13. Can you provide colored linens?
14. Will you serve the buffet or is it self-serve?
15. What are the sizes of the portions?
16. Do you use disposable china and flatware?
17. Will you set up the room?
18. When is the final guest estimate needed?
19. Will there be a representative available on-site during the meal-time?
20. Will you provide references or a portfolio?
Wedding Planning Checklist
Congratualtions you’re engaged! Now what? Don’t panic! BBQ weddings can be very fun and less expensive Relax and plan the wedding of your dreams without breaking the bank. Just keep this checklist handy and you’ll be covered for everything from “Will you…to I do!”
10 – 12 Months
☐ Decide on your budget
☐ Select your date
☐ Choose your attendants
☐ Book your ceremony and reception sites
6 – 9 Months
☐ Send “Save the Date” cards
☐ Select your wedding dress and veil
☐ Select a caterer and discuss menu ideas normally this will be an outdoor event
☐ Decide on flowers and décor Select bridesmaids’ dresses and your gown accessories
☐ Reserve hotel rooms for out-of-town guests
☐ Start your wedding gift registry
4 – 5 Months
☐ Order your wedding invitations
☐ Choose your baker and finalize your wedding cake. Don’t forget about clever cake toppers
☐ Reserve rehearsal dinner location
☐ Give your shower hostess a guest list
☐ Shop for wedding rings
☐ Plan your honeymoon
2 – 3 Months
☐ Finalize the wedding guest list and reception menu
☐ Book hair and makeup appointments
☐ Select wedding favors and accessories…ring pillow, candles, centerpieces Order rehearsal dinner invitations
☐ Mail invitations eight weeks before your wedding day
☐ Confirm tuxes have been ordered for groom and groomsmen
☐ Select music for the ceremony and reception
1 – 2 Months
☐ Have your first wedding gown fitting.
☐ Buy attendant gifts and schedule the bridesmaids’ luncheon.
☐ Meet with your officiant to finalize the ceremony
3 – 4 Weeks
☐ Finalize your wedding accessories
☐ Design and order your wedding program
☐ Mail rehearsal dinner invitations
☐ Get your marriage license
1 –2 Weeks
☐ Have your final wedding dress fitting
☐ Confirm all of your beauty appointments
☐ Confirm date, times, locations and guest count with all vendors
☐ Prepare guest favors and place cards
The day before
☐ Hand out assignment lists
☐ Have a manicure, pedicure and massage
☐ Rehearse the ceremony with the officiant and wedding party
Your Wedding Day!
☐ Make sure to wear a button-down shirt to your hair and makeup appointments so you can easily change into your gown without disturbing your wedding hairstyle
☐ Relax and enjoy the rest of your day!
After the Wedding
☐ Write and mail your thank-you notes.
☐ Finalize your photo album and scrapbook
☐ Get your wedding gown cleaned and preserved